8/22/08

Halston, then and now



I always wanted to become a real lady, stylewise I was between twenty and thirty and then I gave up. It started with my first pair of trainers at the age of 28, a present from my thenboyfriend, adidas samba, black and white. I exactly remember the new state of being, becoming more approachable without heels and my vintage and selfmade outfits. accomodativeness ( what a wonderful word compared to comfortability if that exists) overtook my fashion decisions, Jeans, T-shirts and sneakers won.
From time to time I restart, like today, working in a silkblouse and a skirt but I always try too on becoming a lady, behaviour-wise , which is even more difficult.
Halston, then and now is exactly the style I always wanted to wear and own. Sometimes I am not so very far away reaching it but my evenings at home are not exactly as glamorous as above.
Yes, dear N. I totally agree as you see, such a good find, indead.

1 comment:

ola said...

ich habe mir gestern die halstoneleganz angeschaut. und zuerst dachte ich, wie sehr mir die farben und die fliessenden stoffe gefallen, wie sehr. dann dachte ich, daß man dazu diese schuhe tragen müßte, die ich nie tragen würde, oder daß man einen eleganten gang bräuchte oder schlank und groß sein müßte oder... hm... am ende habe ich festgestellt, wie sehr man sachen mögen kann und sie spannend finden kann, aber die kleidung doch sehr ein gesamtkunstwerk ist. ich finde die schnitte absolut inspirierend. es hat mich bewogen, mal einen eleganten tag einzulegen. ich habe da so ein blaues seidenkleid...

Powered by Blogger.